Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Letter to Dad from Bonifay-October 21, 2013

Hey Dad

That's so sick that they started varsity this week. I knew they would eventually. Noah told me a little bit about it.
Sounds like fall break was a party. Where were y'all going to go on your road trip? I hope SLC was fun! Has it snowed back home? I never hear anything over hear about weather or politics which I guess is a good thing.

1. How is your guitar playing? We will be sending you stuff (cords, etc.. let us know if there is something in particular that you need? The guitar playing is good. I am trying to keep it tuned, but the strings are pretty loose. I don't think I need anything in particular. Maybe Ethan and you could find songs for me to play like the one about Jesus Christ that the polynesian group does.

2. Are you still struggling with sleep? Does it happen even on the days that you ride your bike a lot? I am still struggling with sleep, but it doesn't seem to be affecting me too much. It's really weird. I hardly sleep but at the end of the day I am not tired at all. weird.

3. How are your teaching skills? Do you have the lessons down? I am always going over the lessons and the principle but I have them down pretty good. It's a lot of fun.

4. Do you have a scripture mastery, scriptures that you have to memorize and pass off? We just use scriptures with lessons. I have been working on memorizing where they are at and I have a lot memorized but we don't pass them off.

5. Is it still hot now? Do you know if you guys get any cool weather at all?  It has cooled down a ton but sometimes it is still hot because we are in Florida. Elder Frederiksen seems to always be cold but I am always so hot haha.

6. Anything strange happen to you or your companion lately?  Nothing too strange lately. We did get called prophets the other day and the same lady said we were still on the milk instead of the meat like the bible scripture says so I was pretty fired up after that.

7. What is something that you have learned thus far on your mission, that you will use the rest of your life? Thus far on my mission I have learned that everything I do and get is directly from Heavenly Father. I used to just think that I was relying a lot on myself and giving myself credit, but really it's Heavenly Father.

8. So is your bike holding up? new tube? or new tire? how are the rims? I have had to get 2 new tubes for the bike and may need new tires soon. I popped 2 spokes on the back rim of my bike and i am trying to fix those.

9. Are you happy? and why? I am happy! Because missionary work may be hard and taxing, but in the end this is the single greatest thing i could be doing right now and i will continue to do with the people I love when i get home. Can i get Jed's Email address?

10. Do you guys play any basketball? on my mission we could only play half court. on p-days. We play basketball in the mornings sometimes. It's pretty chill.

Other than that pretty chill week I sent a different email about all of my stories. Thanks dad for the thought! I can't wait to see what happens at 2 years!

I love you Dad! Have a great week!

Alofa Atu Oi

Elder Wilson Atagi