Saturday, October 12, 2013

Letter to Dad from Bonifay-October 6, 2013

Hey Dad,

Thanks for checking out Ray Hudson for me. haha He's a pretty cool guy, just kind of different, I think the football got to him. Conference was great this week! I learned a ton. Good to hear about Ethan and Noah I know that they will keep going strong! Missionary work was definitely a big influence in Conference this time huh? Great to see the General authorities trying to get members going!

1. How was General Conference (GC) for you? General Conference was fantastic! I learned so much for myself and my questions, but also a ton of stuff to help out the members, investigators, and Less actives! I had a boat load of notes on the whole thing. Like 15 pages.
2. Where did you watch it? We watched it at the church because we had invited a few investigators there. Otherwise we would have been at a members house with our other investigators there.
3. So do you guys just watch it at 12 , 4, 8 on Saturday and 12 and 4 on Sunday? We just watched it from 11-1 and 3-5 and then 7-9 for priesthood session.
4. So is the storm affecting you? The storm died down a lot and the only effects we are getting is more rain. Which is good, but I keep getting the feeling that sometime during my mission there will be a hurricane over here. Don't tell Mom I said that haha
5. So how have they divided the town with having two sets of missionaries in Bonifay? We haven't divided the town because it is too small to. We just coordinate who we plan to go and see so we don't step on each others toes.
6. You talked about sisters coming to your District are they there now? There are sisters in the district. They are in Chipley.
7. What about pictures? have you been taking any? Do you need to send anything home yet?
I have been taking pictures, but haven't sent any yet because the computers are struggling but I will send them soon.
8. Mom has worked hard on your Blog. make sure you thank her and add to it  so it can be moved forward. but what do you think? The blog is awesome and I will try to add some when I figure out how to.9. I've see a few of your classmates and they all say to say hi.  Colby Bedford, Nihao, Croyle, Zumbo, Bro. Jones, and others.  When I see others anything you want me to say? Tell them I said what's up. Not much to say just hello and don't forget about me haha.
10. So is there anything you need? Not anything that I can think of that I need. I may need a SD card for my camera when I send the other one home, but that won't be until next week.
I really appreciate you Dad. Thanks for helping me grow and learn. I hope you have a great week! I love you Dad. Message that I got from conference is this:

 Everything that we will earn in Heaven is up to US. In the end there is no one else to put it on. We choose what happens. Everyday is either moving forward or sliding back. Make the chose to apply the Atonement. The God given Agency we have means we can choose to be Happy.

"You can do it now"

I love you Dad.

Alofa Atu Oi

Elder Atagi