Saturday, October 12, 2013

Letter to Dad from Bonifay-September 23, 2013

Hey Dad,

It goes great! Elder F and I are still together, but we got some more Elders here in Bonifay! Elder F is the DL of the biggest district in the Zone! The baptism was move back a week because Stake Conference was this past weekend. Elder Pino from the first quorum of the 70 came and spoke and he is talking to us tomorrow at a half mission conference! I'm super excited! It should be awesome. I'm super excited about Matthu! That's way cool. Good to hear Mom is doing better. I keep praying for her. Tell everyone I say hello! Who Dat Nation haha.

1. Did you get a guitar? I haven't gotten a guitar. There aren't any real pawn shops in the area that I've seen.
2. So other Missionaries have instruments like ukes too? Some other missionaries have guitars. I haven't seen anyone else with instruments, but I've only seen the Zone so.
3. How was your Baptism? The baptism was moved back because of Stake Conference, but the gator is on fire. He bought a suit to have for church.
4. Did you speak? No I did not speak, but this Sunday we are teaching the third hour of church. We are having a share the gospel seminar!
5.What has been the hardest part of your mission so far? The hardest part is staying asleep. At least this past week. I don't even know why I can't sleep through the night, but I just toss and turn all night. I'm pretty good other than that though. We have had a pretty steady flow of lessons.
6. Is there anything fun that you do on P-day? We watch DVD's on the DVD player. haha
7. What has been the scariest thing so far on your mission? I haven't a lot of scary things. There was a HUGE spider about the size of Sally's whole hand and there was one my fist size. That was pretty scary. Some of the trailer parks are kind of sketchy.
8.  If you could go back and change anything before or during your mission what would you change? I would study PMG a lot more and not taken being with you guys for granted.
9.What one thing have you done to make your companionship better? We've talked things out. Elder Frederiksen stresses out a lot and beats himself up about things. I have been a lot more patient now that I am out here. I don't get mad a ton here maybe once in a while, but I've just realized that if I put in the effort, the Lord will help me out and I can roll with the punches.

Thanks for the thought Dad. I'm trying to do my best to find those things. My thought is in Alma 7: 11-12. Lean on the Lord in times of trouble and all other times as well. He has been through literally everything. He knows. I love you Dad. Thanks for teaching me to be a good kid.

Your son,

 Elder Wilson Atagi