Sunday, October 6, 2013

First Letter to Dad from Bonifay-August 11, 2013

Hey Dad,

The first week has been great! The days seem really long but when you're done they seem to blur together.
 
Answers to Questions
1. What is your address.303 Redbird Rd. #1 Bonifay, FL 32425. I'm in the top part of the Panama city branch.
2. Who is your companion. he is from where? how long has he been out?
My comp is Elder Frederiksen. He is from Boise, Idaho and has been out for 6 months and has been in this area for all 6.
3. How is your bike? The bike is slightly smaller than I think we had expected but it works great. I don't enjoy biking, but my quads are going to be huge when I'm done.
4.       is it hot? It is very hot and humid, but the locals say it is pretty cool for August probably because of so much rain.
5.       does your bike helmet fit, it looked like it did  The helmet fits and it is huge on other people!
6.       how is riding a bike all day? I answered with 3.
7.       what is your apartment like, is your area in the boonies? I like the apartment. There are a few roaches, but they are pretty small not huge ones. My area has a little bit of the boonies but not really. Just a small town that's super rural and has a lot of dirt roads and those things.
8.       do you guys have a teaching list already? We do have a teaching list. I've taught 2 investigators so far. My area isn't super successful right now, but we'll keep working.
9.       how was your interview with President Smith? my interview with the President was fairly short. He is an old football coach so we understand each other really well. His first mission Presidency was in Micronesia and he had a lot of Polynesian elders and he said he liked them a lot. He said he can see a lot of potential in me and thinks he can trust me already.
10.   So how do you pay your rent, so what did buy for groceries the first P-Day. How long do you get to email? the rent is paid for us when we pay the $400 every month. We are budgeted to about $130 to live off of every month. And we haven't gone shopping yet. I can email and write letters for about 2 hours on P day which is Monday.
11.   are you sleeping well?  I am sleeping pretty good. The air conditioning works well in the apartment.
12.   how is your studying, what is your day like? My studies are good. We wake up and exercise for 30 minutes. I tried to get as many pushups and ab stuff done in that time. Can you set up a work out with Josh I can use?
13.   Is there something you need from us? I don't think I need anything from you guys right now.
14.   How many are in your district? There are 4 total missionaries in our district and my trainer is the DL.

I miss you dad and it was good to talk to you. I'll let you know more next week because there is a lot on my mind right now. Tell Ena and Noah to kill some people for me this week in the first game and film it okay and send pictures! Can you send a family picture for me to have?

Love you Dad.

One love.

Love Elder Wilson Atagi