Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Letter to Mom from Fort Walton Beach-March 17, 2014

Hey Mom!

I did get the package so thank you so much! It was a great day! The sister missionaries in our area baked me a cake. Some members made cupcakes and also another member fed us dinner and a cake.

That's awesome that y'all are safe and sound! The work is going great and I am having a lot of fun in the new area. My comp and I are getting along really well. He is an awesome missionary and knows how to work! I am back on schedule and it is good to be back.

How close does auntie Sa and auntie Lin live to the mission? Dang dad was cutting it close huh? haha why did you get released so quickly?

The mission this week was a lot of fun! We had a tradeoff with the zone leaders and they are really cool. We met a man at the church and he just wanted to learn about what are church was like. I think he really showed up to try and become the preacher at the church haha. He wanted to argue a lot and we matched every scripture and concern he had and eventually he started trying to tell us that the church isn't true and our parents didn't raise us right and that was when I got fired up and filled with the Spirit like a lot. So I pulled out the Book of Mormon and bore my testimony about how I had found out it was true and he didn't say a single word and agreed to read and to pray about it. I think that may be one of the most powerful moments on my mission when my testimony just lit somebody up like that haha. So that was super cool!

I love you guys and y'all made me cry with the testimony book so thanks for that haha

Alofa atu oi!

Elder Wilson Atagi