Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Letter to Dad from Fort Walton Beach-March 24, 2014

Hey Dad!

Missed you too dad! He leaves in April on the 18th. We do have a car but we share with the sisters so technically we don't really have a car haha.

 
It's going really good dad! Life is good! I am constantly trying to stay happy because it makes everything a lot easier. He is working hard for sure. The new area is awesome but the ward is so-so.

1. Tell me about your apartment? The apartment is really little and small but not too bad. We have the kitchen, laundry and study room downstairs then bathroom and bedroom upstairs. We only have one study table instead of 2 so that kind of sucks, not too much space.

2. How is the new area? The area is good but the membership is kind blah. There are a lot of members that want to work with us but they can't because they are in the military and work a ton.

3. So do you like the beach? Have you accidentally fallen into the water? The beach is nice but I don't think I will be "falling" in the water any time soon haha.

4. Is there a rule about how close you can be to the water? No there isn't, at least none that i have seen.

5. Are you having fun? What happened this week that was fun? I am having fun out here dad! We have been making up songs on the guitar so that has been a ton of fun.

6. Sounds like there are some people that like you with all the attention that you got from your birthday. Tell me the goods and bads about your birthday. My birthday was great we got cake/food from like 5 people so that was fantastic.

7. Tell me a spiritual experience you had this week in detail please and how it affected you? I have been memorizing a scripture in 2 Nephi 4:17-28 and I keep just feeling how true the Book of Mormon is. The scripture talks about how sometimes we feel that we aren't worthy because of all the mistakes we make, but really God is always with us. That is something that hit me really hard this week.

8. How are you getting along? I am getting a long great dad! Thanks for worrying about me.

Thanks for the message Dad! I missed y'all a lot this week but I know I'm doing something good here.

Alofa Atu Oi
Elder Wilson Atagi