Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Letter to Dad from Fort Walton Beach-March 3, 2014

Hey Dad! 

What's up? How's it going? I am being transferred to Ft Walton! I think I am training in a trio with an Elder Ethan Shwartz. I'm pretty excited about that. Elder Misi is staying in Bonifay and will be with a former zone leader.

It's pretty interesting to see how life prepares you for things. Crazy to think that life is still like a football game and sometimes we just need to focus on the practice and little things. Maybe that's something you can talk about, that as we go to the temple we are preparing ourselves and others for the big game of judgment. Everything we do is just practice for eternal life. 

1.What happened with transfers? Yes I did get transferred.

2. Do you like what happened? Why? Yeah I have no issues with it.

3. So how are the Burpies? Consistent Burpies will get you in shape it works for prisoners. I'm working on getting better at them.

4. How is the eating going? Becky Heaton said that what I told you was correct. To eat you fruits rather than drink it. She also said V8s are good. As long as it does not make starve. She said don't starve yourself. Just eat healthy and with the members try to fill up with the good stuff first (salad, and fruit then the heavy stuff). It's going pretty good. I have eaten a lot of carrots haha.

5. Tell me something funny that happened? We hit a deer with a member! Haha

6. Tell me about spiritual happening this week? I had an awesome experience of blessing two kids and giving them names. A member that i have been able to get to know well asked me to bless his kids.

7. How have you become the bike fixer? I just know how now. We haven't had a lot of need for it lately.

8. In your pictures there is this skinny elder what’s he like? He is awesome and super funny. At first he was really quiet, but as we got to know each other he opened up.

9. What are your thoughts about being a missionary now? There is nothing like it in the world and I don't think there is anything more rewarding for the emotional work. Does that make sense? It really is a life changing experience that is teaching me how to be a better person and be a better human being in general. Like I’m more understanding and patient and I don't judge as quickly as I used to and I am just changing totally.

10. If you could tell people ready to leave on their missions, something to help them prepare what would that be? Be ready to talk to people and open your mouth about the gospel and be ready for people to be jerks.

That’s it from me Dad. I will send that letter sometime either this week or next. It’s crazy to almost be done and I can't really control it. I am sort of happy it goes by fast. I think the thing I have learned most would be to put in 100% all the time and never look back.

Don’t worry about mistakes but learn from them.

Love you Dad I’ll send a letter this week!

Elder Wilson Atagi