Thursday, January 9, 2014

Letter to Dad-December 30, 2013


Hey Dad!

Awesome. I found a sweet saints colored tie today as I went through a box of them that was in our apartment. It was great to see y'all on Christmas! I do need to start cutting some weight though so I'm going to be working on that. The Guthries are pretty freaking sweet and Bro Guthrie has been teaching me some sweet songs he wrote. Did you like the pictures?

Tell me about your Christmas. 

Christmas was the bomb.com. We woke up at like 6:20 and started opening presents and then at 7, Bro Evans came and picked us up and we ate at his house. We hung out there and Elder Sorenson talked with his family while we were there. I tried to play a recorder (flute thing.) I got pretty good, but still working on it. Then we went to the Bowens house and ate there. We had nonalcoholic wine that the Elders quorum president had and it was awful haha. We weren't there for too long, but it was still fun to chill. Then we went to the Guthries and we all did our skyping/facetiming. That was fun because we were having a Nerf war the entire time. We then went to the Morks house and had dinner there or supper in the south. That was pretty good. We have been helping them move into their house and the Dad got a sweet smoker/grill, so we will be getting steak soon! Then Elder Misi and I dropped off Elder Sorenson and Elder Smith at the Guthries again and we went and visited some investigators. Will and Paige gave us this sweet sculpture/picture thing of the last supper. Lastly we went to the Guthries and that is when I talked to Mom one last time.

1.      Who did you get packages from and letters?  I got a package from everyone in the whole family. The Nilsons young and old, Y'all and the Hendricksons too. One from Andy. Then a Christmas picture from Andy's family, the spencers, and I think the Nichols. I got a book of Mormon from Misty Anderson and a couple letters from bro Moyle, the Randalls, bishop, and I can't remember who else.

2.      What kinds of foods did you get fed? We got fed hog jowl and grits and biscuits and gravy. That was super good. Then we had Mexican at the Bowens. Then ham, field peas, corn, cornbread stuffing and Hawaiian rolls.

3.      Tell me how your companionship is going? Elder Misi and I get along great. This transfer has just been hard number wise because of holidays and stuff, but it will pick up and get going. We are working on being better missionaries and I am trying to get him to enjoy his time on a mission.
 
       4.      You look happy. Why? I'm happy because there is nothing to not be happy about! I
              am on a mission and the Lord is constantly helping me and guiding me. I see the light of
             Christ light up in someone’s eyes every day and it is fantastic!

5.      What did you put in your stocking for the stocking exchange? I put in a dart gun and some candy and a letter to Elder Hill

6.      What are your thoughts of you for Christmas from home? I am not sure what the question is asking so I am going to go ahead and say Christmas as a missionary is very different because I am more worried about other people than myself so it is just a whole lot different.

7.      What did you miss and what did you love about this Christmas? I missed being with the family and hanging out with everyone and just chilling, but I loved being with the people here too. They are all so awesome and I feel like I have lived here my whole life and I've known these people for a really long time.

8.      How is your district? My District is doing really well. They work hard and are awesome teachers.
 

My message comes from a story called the file room or something like that in a book I got for Christmas. Look it up on Google like "the file story about Jesus" and you should find it but it taught me a lot so! I love ya Dad

Ofa Atu Oi

Elder Wilson Atagi