Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Letter to Dad from Bonifay-November 18, 2013

Hey Dad,

It's going good Dad! It sure is a lot of fun with Elder Mafi.

1. Have you had exchanges with those in your district? Exchanges are this week. I'm excited though they're really fun.

2. What does Elder Mafi say about other Polynesian missionaries? Was there an Elder Unga in the Mission? There aren't a lot of Polynesian missionaries in the mission. Elder Mafi was actually companions with Elder Unga, but he left a year ago.
 
3. Anything crazy happen to you yet? Nothing too crazy yet. We went to a place called Happy Acres where people stick their family members that are not right in the head and there is a member that lives there. Creepiest place ever. We got some sweet Bamboo sticks from this guy that is just a good Christian wanting to protect us from dogs haha. I also accidently left the car key in a member’s car and this morning we had to walk in the pouring rain to go and get it from the member at work. When I say pouring, I mean like 5 minutes in my pants were soaked through haha

4. Anything else other than your bike broke down on you? Nothing has really broken down on me quite yet. I tore 2 pairs of pants along the seams from kneeling wrong haha. I had a member sew them for me though.

5. Have you fallen off of your bike yet? I have eaten it twice on my bike haha. The first was like 2 weeks in. We were going to talk to some members at their cabinet shop and I hit a soft spot of sand and the front tire veered hard right and I was still going straight and my whole body just smashed into the ground haha Elder Frederiksen thought I was going to have to go to the hospital haha. I jumped up and brushed the sand off and walked it off. Then the other was right before the end of last transfer. The chain came off and my bike swerved and I tried to save it but I couldn't so I one pushed off the bike, took one step and combat rolled/jump rolled over a ditch. It was quite epic haha.

Thanks for the message Dad! I was reading in Mormon 8 this past week and I think it is verse 35, but I am not sure. It is Moroni talking to all of us. He says he has seen us. That means the Book of Mormon is written for us right Now. It applies to our lives and will until we have finished the work. I was wondering if y'all could send like a picture book with pictures of the family and stuff like that. And also those work boots that you bought before I left I could use them! 

Thanks Dad Love ya!

Alofa Atu Oi

Elder Wilson Atagi