Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Letter to Dad from Bonifay-November 4, 2013

Hey Dad

It goes well! Being a DL really isn't that bad. That's so awesome you got a new calling dad! I'm excited for you! We have a high council member in Chipley that is so spiritually in tune it is just ridiculous. I'm really happy for you dad! I can almost dunk a volleyball now from all the biking!

1.  How is your new comp? My new comp is awesome. He is a lot different from Elder Frederiksen, but he has had his experiences.

2. What part of Hawaii is he from? Makakilo Hawaii on the west side of Oahu

3. Is he really leaving for home at the next transfer? How do you like having another Poly as a companion? Has he told you any cool stories about his mission so far. Does he speak Samoan? He leaves December 13th. I really like having a Polynesian. He has told me some pretty sweet stories.

4. What is he like? Is he as big as you? Where did he go to High School? Did he play any sports? He is like a lot of Polynesians, really loud and laughs a lot. He is almost as big as me, skinnier, but he has gained 50 on is mission. He went to high school at Kapolei . And he played football for awhile and then paddling and wrestling.

5. What do you have to do as the new DL?  Have you had to be tough on some of your missionaries yet? I just have to call the district on Sundays and Thursdays and work out different goals for the district like member-present lessons and new investigators. I don't really have to be tough on our district, they are pretty good. I also have to prepare for District meeting on Tuesdays.

6. How did they tell you that you were going to be the DL? They told me an email on a transfer sheet. Not too much direction yet just a good luck and do work haha

7. Do you have any different Missionaries in you District as well? The only new one is Elder Mafi.

8. Did you get the package and are you sleeping better yet? I am worried if you are continually not sleeping!! I got the package and I sleep great now. Thanks Dad for always checking on me, because otherwise I would just push through it!

9. How is your procrastination? What did you learn from Elder Fredrickson that you think will help you the rest of your mission? and as a DL? My procrastination isn't very apparent now. I just start doing things now because then I can just hang out later. I think one thing I learned was to give myself time to unwind. Elder F never left himself anytime to just chill. So I will be doing that pretty consistently.

10. Is your new comp Trunky? You know talking about going home or is he trying to work as hard as he can until he goes home? He isn't trunky too bad. He just keeps freaking out that he is coming home.

Thanks dad. I'm only awesome because you taught me how to be. I'm trying to be confident and humble and the mission has really taught me how to listen to the spirit. Thanks for the message Dad. Mine is from 3 Nephi 11:5.... I think that it is 5. It talks about how the people opened their hearts and their ears to hear the voice. I think that sometimes the only thing that is holding us back is that we aren't open to it yet.

I love you Dad and good luck with the calling!

Alofa Atu Oi

Elder Wilson Atagi