Sunday, September 21, 2014

Letter to Mom from Lynn Haven-June 9, 2014

Hey Mom!

We had a pretty good week! The new comp is pretty chill really quiet. He gets really nervous when he starts teaching and I am working on getting him out of it haha. We had some awesome lessons this week on the gospel of Jesus Christ and the Book of Mormon! It was really fun!
Sounds just like Dad! haha. It is honestly the scariest thing ever to do. Just roll up there and start playing haha. That's good that he doesn't have to worry about the food thing like I did when I went down there. Noah is crazy! haha He'll do alright though. He'll find a way to get some more from the other kids eventually haha. Dad always has the best excuses for things haha.

So is that going to be your job job? Doing stuff for Gransie and Pappies in their house and company. No more school stuff? That will be nice though because then you can have a little bit more contact with Jed and helping him get back to where he needs to be. I'm going to try to start emailing him and see what I can do.

That's crazy that Ty is leaving so soon! Can you get me his email? That's cool that Mariah is coming out too! Where is she going?
1. Tell me something great that happened this week.
Something great that happened this week would be an awesome church tour we had with a couple David and Peggy! They felt like they were at home in the church and we almost set a baptismal date with them! They felt the spirit really strong and it was awesome to hear them talk about wanting to know that it's true! That was pretty awesome
2. Do you have a district meeting or zone conference coming up? I don’t know how often those things happen.
We have zone training tomorrow. So that will be fun! I'm singing with another elder that is serving in bonifay. District meeting is every Tuesday unless we have some zone stuff.
3. What do you think of your new companion? Is he there to work? Are you still excited and working hard?
The new comp is pretty sweet. He is a hard worker, but loves tracting and it is probably the most ineffective way to do missionary work. I'm going to be counseling with President how I can get him past it. Pray for that haha. 
4. Any good talks with people this week? New investigators?
Probably the best would be with David and Peggy. We did have a good couple talks with a recent convert named Don Polacheck. He is super cool and a lot of fun. He can shred on the guitar so we have had a few jam sessions after/before lessons when I'll strum on the acoustic and he'll wail on the electric to my strums. It was soo cool.
5. Who’s your district leader? Are you liking him?
I am actually the District Leader and I think I'm pretty cool so hahaha :P
6. Tell me about something you’ve been studying about this week.
I have been reading in Jesus the Christ a lot this week. I also read all of Our Search for Happiness. It is interesting to me how secret Christ tried to keep His Ministry. Every miracle He performed He told the people not to say anything to anyone. They didn't get in trouble when they did, but He was very, very humble about all of it and tried to help people understand that His purpose was for something bigger.

Love you Momma! Thanks for the thought! It made me tear up kinda!
Don't worry about the shoes either. They are surviving! And have y'all gotten the names to take to the temple yet? Has the whole family jumped on the site yet? We need to get this stuff done and take it to the temple! 

Love you so Mom! 
Elder Wilson Atagi