Sunday, September 21, 2014

Letter to Mom from Lynn Haven-June 16, 2014

Hey Mom
We had some pretty sweet lessons this week. One was a lot of bashing and the other wants to get baptized! So that was pretty sweet this week. 
It sounds like everyone is doing really well! I had a dream that Ethan got hurt at the camp so I've been praying for him. Hopefully Jesse can help Sam out! Yeah that was pretty sweet Riley and I could do that then. I hope dad can use those slippers. The member that gave them to me said if you break them in they are the best shoes ever. I got some awesome $5 sunglasses from walmart today haha. I will definitely write Noah and Email today and Riley too thanks for reminding me!

How was your zone meeting? Tell me about it.
zone training was really good! our zone is struggling big time with teaching a lot of lessons. We do really good with member presents, but our zone leaders lack the confidence they need to lead us. I'm doing my best as a district leader to all that I can to help my district help the zone.

Any happenings with the contacts that you have made or any new contacts?
We haven't a whole lot of success with people that we've been contacting. Mostly just a lot of "I'm not interested" So that kind of sucks

Tell me something great that happened this week.
We had an awesome lesson on Wednesday with a man named Cullen Wilson. We taught the Plan of Salvation and Elder Grimaud asked him if he wanted to get baptized and he said yes! so we are going to set a date this week for July 19th!

Tell me something that tested your Spirit this week
Getting all the doors slammed in our faces. It is just discouraging. Because we are trying really hard, but no success so we keep on trucking. 

Tell me something that strengthened your Spirit or your testimony this week.
I think something that really has caught me this week is how much Jesus Christ uses our everyday situations to change and also to test us. Everything single moment we have choices to make and it blows me away to think that if I can make the right choices than Heavenly Father can trust me later on.

Well mom I guess my quote is "Patience is not the ability to wait, but to have a good attitude while waiting."

Love you So

Elder Wilson Atagi