Sunday, September 21, 2014

Letter to Dad from Lynn Haven-June 9, 2014

Hey Dad
Sounds like y'all are going to be pretty busy! Just remember to use prayer and the scriptures to bring Heavenly Father in to balance everything out.

So what steps are you taking to be a better missionary? I was never worried about you breaking rules, but what did your President see that you needed to change. did he feel you picked up some bad habits from some of you past comps? or from situations with past comps?
I'm just getting into a more excited time of missionary work. I think that I lost a little bit of the motivation to go out and work when I was with Elder Misi. Like when I first got out here I couldn't wait to talk to all kinds of people and be out everyday and now I'm getting back into the groove of things trying to find a balance of chilling and relaxing and missionary work. Just trying to keep sane and not beat the crap out of the next person to slam the door in my face haha.

How are things going now? Is there anything we can help you with?
Everything is going great Dad! We have had a lot of work this week and been working really hard.

Change is difficult is there certain areas you see you need to adjust in?
I think I can get better in finding and mindset/attitude especially about like tracting and stuff like that.

What was a cool experience this week?
We had an awesome church tour with some gators that i told mom all about.

How many investigators do you have right now?
We don't have a ton like 3 or 4 solid ones and we are trying really hard to find more.

What is Lynn haven like? Are you the only pair of missionaries there?
There is us and a trio of sisters and a senior couple. Lynn Haven is a good mix of rural and city. It's pretty nice.

What was something bad that happen to you?
Nothing really just a lot slammed doors and that is pretty freaking stupid

What is your district like?
I have 2 sets of sisters, a senior couple and me and my comp.

Can you believe it’s almost been a year? What has changed in you this past year?
I can't believe it. I think my understanding and testimony of the gospel has gotten stronger, but also I've developed a lot of good habits with a planner and writing in a journal, brushing my teeth, wearing my invisalign and making my bed. So that's a lot of big things. I think that something I learned is my purpose in this life and understanding who I need to become to do everything that the Savior wants me to do.

That's awesome that Tyler is heading out already. I really like that quote dad. Thanks! I'm sending a small package with something for you in it. I hope you like them and can use them. Happy Father's Day Dad! Thanks for always being there for me and showing how to not be stupid haha.

Alofa Atu Oi
Elder Wilson Atagi